CapSouth Wealth Management is a fee-only independent, Registered Investment Advisor. As a Registered Investment Advisor we provide knowledgable investment advice that is objective and trustworthy. Advisors are held to the high standard of a Fiduciary; which simply means, we are legally required to act in your best interest. We proudly accept this responsibility.
Our staff consists of experienced professionals who believe in a "hands on" approach to financial guidance. You will find our team members not only knowledgeable, but honest, sincere and genuinely interested in helping you reach your financial goals. It is our aim to keep our clients focused, advise them in order to make sound financial decisions, and continually encourage them to maintain a disciplined approach to investing.
The world was a lot different in the 1st quarter of 2001. The dot.com bubble had burst the previous year with the S&P Index down approximately 7%. It would fall another 14% in 2001 and 21% in 2002. I-phones, social media, tweets and Uber did not exist. Yet, individuals and families still faced the same challenges as today. How do we manage our current lives while adequately preparing for a future that is so unpredictable?
Our vision was to provide a team of specialists to assist our clients in adequately assessing their current situation and circumstances while incorporating their long term goals and objectives into a viable long range financial and wealth management plan. In essence, planning today and monitoring in the future to turn dreams into reality.
Our Core Beliefs form the foundation for how we relate to clients and for the recommendations we make concerning our planning and investment programs.
We believe that clients whose ideals and values are consistent with ours will have a beneficial and enjoyable experience in partnering with CapSouth to help them achieve their long term financial goals and objectives.
- We embrace our role as a fiduciary and believe advisors should always act in the client's best interest.
- Honesty, integrity and respect are crucial to long term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Everyone should set long term goals and objectives; these should include both financial and non-financial goals.
- To assist in realizing these long term goals and objectives, a financial plan should be created and adjusted over time as life happens.
- There are very few "absolutes" in financial planning.
- Investment risk and expected return are not the primary factors in a financial plan; they are two factors among many others. Financial goals, time frames, savings rates, current assets, spending rates in retirement, taxes, etc. are variables that are just as important and that should be evaluated within an advisor and client relationship.
- A performance report is a poor scorecard; we believe a much more meaningful scorecard is an estimate of the likelihood you can achieve your goals.
- Regarding investments and portfolio management, we believe:
- Risk and return objectives should be determined as part of a larger financial plan.
- Changes to risk levels should be driven by analysis of and adjustments to the financial plan as opposed to decisions driven by emotions and market movements.
- Diversification is important as we cannot predict which asset classes will be the best over a given time period.
- Compound interest, over time, can be very powerful.
- Most people should work with a qualified financial advisor to assist them in taking the emotion out of financial planning and investing.